Nurse’s Aide Awarded $11.6 Million for Being Paralyzed by Mandatory Flu Vaccine
Sarah Behie’s symptoms started nearly three weeks after she got a flu shot.
The nurse’s aide at Lehigh Valley Hospital noticed that her knees and arms hurt and that her limbs felt weak.
As the pain and weakness grew worse, the 20-year-old was admitted to the hospital and later diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare neurological condition that would leave her partially paralyzed and living in hospitals and nursing homes for nearly four years.
The cause of Behie’s illness, her lawyers alleged, was the flu vaccine that she received at work in October 2010.
On Tuesday, attorneys Lawrence Cohan and David Carney of Philadelphia announced they had negotiated a settlement that will provide up to $11.6 million over Behie’s lifetime to pay for her ongoing medical care.
NJ Appeals Court Rules in Favor of Nurse who Refused Flu Vaccine
Flu Vaccine is the most Dangerous Vaccine in the U. S. based on Settled Cases for Injuries
Of the 70 cases compensated, 42 of them were for the flu vaccine, or 60% of the cases settled where compensation was awarded for injury or death due to the vaccine. The combined total of the other 40% of cases settled included the following vaccines: Hep B, Tetanus, HPV, DTaP, MMR, IPV, PCV, Hib, Meningococcal, Varicella, TD.