Holistic Doctor Death Series: Over 60 Dead In Just Over A Year
1) June 19th, 2015 – Dr. Bradstreet formerly of Florida, and now practicing in Georgia, was found with a gunshot wound to his chest in a river. The small town locals ruled the death almost immediately as a suicide, but many have their doubts. This same day in Mexico, June 19th, 2015, three doctors were traveling to the State Capital to deliver some papers and were reported missing. This is the only case outside of the U.S. Authorities said they found the bodies, but the families say those bodies look nothing like their family members and they are demanding more proof and more testing. A sad but riveting article was written about those details, here. I also did an exclusive interview with the Bradstreet family as they publicly said I was the only journalist they trusted to talk about the horrific incident.
2) June 21st, 2015 –Father’s Day, East Coast of Florida: Two chiropractors are found dead. Their names are Dr. Baron Holt and Dr. Bruce Hendendal, both fathers. Dr. Hedendal also held a PhD in nutrition from Harvard. Both were presumably healthy and described as very fit. There is still no cause of death listed, for either doctor, in any articles we find. A few people have contacted me about Dr. Hedendal, 67, but admit that they were surprised by his death and still find it shocking. (Update: Family and loved ones of Dr. Hedendal have spoken to the media that they are suspicious of his death and want answers. Interestingly, Dr. Holt (33), lived in North Carolina which is the state where Dr. Bradstreet’s body (the first doctor to be found) was discovered two days prior. Dr. Holt was visiting Jacksonville, Florida, though, when he died there. Dr. Bradstreet (see story #1) was living in Georgia at the time of his death and before that he lived in the neighboring state of Florida. A few mutual friends of Dr. Holt have contacted me. They are doctors and have shared with me a cause of death that I find rather shocking and cannot confirm, therefore, out of respect for the family, I will not list that here. Both were well loved by their patients, community, friends and family.
3) June 29th, 2015 – The beloved holistic Theresa Sievers, MD was found murdered in her home. Her co-worker says she was known as the “Mother Teresa of South Florida.” Her husband and children were in Connecticut at a family reunion when she was murdered. The authorities have been investigating for two weeks “around the clock,” and now say that she was targeted. Her murder was not random nor was it a home invasion and when the facts come out “…books and movies will be written about it.”- it’s that big of a story. On the very same day, June 29th, Jeffrey Whiteside, MD, a pulmonologist, went missing- vanishing when he simply “walked away”. Dr. Whiteside, known for his successful treatment of lung cancer, disappeared in Door County, Wisconsin while vacationing with family. He was on foot and numerous reports have called it “mysterious,” saying he vanished without a trace. They’ve been searching now for three weeks and even colleagues have joined in (along with bloodhounds, drones search parties, and helicopters) but not one shred of evidence has surfaced. (UPDATE: Two arrests were made in the death of Teresa Sievers and one of the assailants called himself the “Hammer” on Facebook (Dr. Sievers was allegedly killed with a hammer). The other was one of her husband’s childhood friends who was just recently extradited to Florida. His attorney says there is evidence to show he had no involvement whatsoever with the crime. Her husband, Mark Sievers, has not been arrested at this time.
4) July 3, 2015 – Patrick Fitzpatrick, MD goes missing. He was traveling from North Dakota to neighboring Montana (which he did often as his son lives there) and his truck and trailer were found on the side of the road. The search has expanded but authorities say it’s as if he vanished without a trace. He’s 6′ tall and described as Irish-looking with a goatee (details can be found in the links).
5) July 10th, 2015 – Lisa Riley, 34 years old, DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is found in her home with a gunshot wound to her head. Her husband who found her and called 911, has a prior record. He was previously charged with the attempted murder of his ex, Ms. King, before charges were eventually dropped. Evidence showed that there was gun residue found on Ms. King’s hand and not Mr. Riley’s. Riley’s story corroborated this, but King’s allegedly didn’t, and her story kept changing (click link in this paragraph for their story with details on all of this). Mr. Riley has since been charged with the death of his wife, Lisa Riley. We’ll see what happens in court.
6) July 19, 2015 – A month to the day after the first doctor (Jeff Bradstreet, MD) was found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest, Dr. Ron Schwartz was found murdered in his E. Coast Florida home. Sadly, he was shot to death. We don’t know if he was holistic, but he was licensed and lived between Florida and Georgia. He was a gynecologist who lived in an unincorporated part of Jupiter, Florida on a few acres of land and there are reports he ran an organic lawn service on the side.
Researcher at Famous Cancer Center Found in Woods Ruled Suicide, But No One Buying It
As you know, I did a story just after the sad news broke that Cancer researcher Cheryl Deboar had been found dead in Seattle, on Valentine’s Day. At that time, no evidence we found even remotely pointed toward suicide.
Her mother, Lenore Peterson, believes that even though there is a lack of evidence showing her daughter died of a homicide, it doesn’t necessarily mean that she killed herself. She posted the following on Cheryl’s official memorial page:
“It is inconceivable that Cheryl would take meat out of the freezer for dinner, text the driver of her carpool,” Peterson wrote, “walk 1.5 miles, crawl through brambles and mud, put a plastic bag over her head and lie face down in a cold shallow creek to end her life.”
Her mother has urged “someone out there”, who may know something about her daughter’s death, to contact Mountlake Terrace police. “
Breaking: Outspoken Holistic Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide on Mother’s Day
It is with heavy heart that in one day I must announce the deaths of two well loved holistic doctors. The first was a “well known MD” according to local news, in the Austin, TX area, (mysterious doesn’t even begin to describe his disappearance and subsequent death).
The second was a well loved doctor who lived and practiced in Southern California. His name was Dr. Jyrki Suutari.
Dr Suutari obviously had many friends who were quite shocked and saddened by his sudden very unexpected death.
He was outspoken on the treatment of holistic doctors (namely chiropractors) in his writings, some of which can bee seen here on his personal Facebook page.
He allegedly killed himself in a garage on Mother’s day. In light of many dozens of holistic doctors being found dead in a few short months (sometimes more than one in a day in locations close to one another) we felt obligated to report on any deaths that are mysterious.
A friend has set up a fundraiser here to help with the costs of his death – as he had a loving partner and young child.
His posts seemed mostly upbeat and again, some outspoken. His love for motorcycles and his family were very evident from his profile and photos.
Rest in peace Dr Suutari.