President Putin should get the Nobel Peace Prize for his moves to resolve the Syrian crisis, according to a group of Russian activists and political scientists who have indicated that they are officially proposing the president’s nomination.
One of the main sponsors of the move, State Duma MP Iosif Kobzon, told reporters that in his view Putin deserved the prize much more than the 2009 laureate, US President Barack Obama.
“Barack Obama is the man who has initiated and approved the United States’ aggressive actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, now he is preparing for an invasion into Syria. He bears this title nevertheless. Our president, who tries to stop the bloodshed and who tries to help the conflict situation with political dialogue, is in my view more worthy of this high title,” the Interfax news agency quoted Kobzon as saying.
- Vladimir Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Russian group backs Putin for Nobel peace prize over Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize (rinf.com)
- Vladimir Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for efforts to ‘maintain peace and tranquility’ (metro.co.uk)
- Vladimir Putin Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize (businessinsider.com)
- Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize !! (yalibnan.com)
- Vladmir Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for role in Syrian conflict (dnaindia.com)
- Putin Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize (advocate.com)
- Russia nominates Putin for Nobel Peace Prize (tehrantimes.com)
- Was Nobel Peace Prize pick a ‘sophisticated nod to Putin’? (theweek.co.uk)